Two injured in propane tank fire

The Hawaii Fire Department said a propane tank at a home in the Panaewa neighborhood of Hilo caught fire Thursday evening, sending two people to the hospital.

According to a written HFD statement, nine units responded to the 7:01 p.m. alarm, with the first unit arriving at the house on Pohai Street eight minutes later.

Arriving fire fighters found the fire, which occurred in a propane tank in the home’s garage, already extinguished. No other damage was reported, and the scene was turned over to police for investigation.

The two injured individuals were taken to Hilo Medical Center in stable condition.

ADVERTISING


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the Star-Advertiser's TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. If your comments are inappropriate, you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, email hawaiiwarriorworld@staradvertiser.com.