Classified FAQ

How can I find archived classified ads?

We do not archive past classified ads online at If you know the date of the paper, you can contact our circulation department to request a back issue to locate the past classified ad there. Circulation can be reached at 935-6621.



I’m trying to research Notices of Completion. Where can I find these?

Click on the Classified tab on our home page. On the right hand rail, find “Notice of Completion” under Announcements. Click on that to find a searchable database of Notices of Completion.


I’m trying to research foreclosure notices. Where can I find these?

Hawaii Tribune-Herald posts foreclosure notices online under the “Legal Notice” classification on the day(s) that they appear in the print edition only. If you are interested in researching foreclosure notices, and you know the date the notice ran, you may either contact our Circulation Department at 935-6621 for information about available back issues up to 2 months out, or you have the option of visiting the References section of the Hilo Public Library. Their phone number is 933-8888.