The National Weather Service has issued a flash flood watch for all Hawaiian Islands, including Hawaii Island, through Sunday afternoon.
A flash flood watch means flooding is possible.
Heavy rain with possible thunderstorms and high winds are forecast from Saturday through Sunday. Winter weather conditions for high elevations are also expected.
Due to the flash flood watch, the following are issued:
• Residents in flood-prone areas are advised to be on the alert for possible flooding conditions.
• Motorists are advised to exercise caution while driving. Road closures may occur without notice.
• Be on the alert for possible malfunction of traffic signals. Treat flashing traffic lights as a four-way stop.
• Remember, if lightning does threaten your area, the safest place to be is indoors.
• Expect possible interruptions in your utility services.
• Take measures to secure items around your property that may be affected by strong winds. Complete all preparations before nightfall.
• Consider canceling or postponing outdoor activities until conditions improve.
If there are any further developments, you will be updated.