Thursday, Feb. 22, 2024|
Share this story
UPDATE: Police say Daniel K. Inouye Highway in South Kohala between Highway 190 and the Old Saddle Road has been reopened and there is no need to detour to Old Saddle Road.
PREVIOUSLY: Hawaii Fire Department reports Daniel K. Inouye Highway in South Kohala remains closed between the Highway 190 Junction and the Old Saddle Road Junction due to a brush fire that started yesterday.
All Daniel K. Inouye Highway traffic is being detoured through Old Saddle Road until further notice.
Due to heavy traffic and large vehicles on the Old Saddle Road detour, the following are issued:
• Non-essential travel should be avoided or use alternate routes.
• All motorists should expect delays.
• Plan additional time for travel.
• Slow down and refrain from passing while on Old Saddle Road.
• Be courteous to other drivers.
• And drive with caution
Be mindful of single-lane vehicle bridges on both ends of Old Saddle Road that require oncoming traffic to yield.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *