The University of Hawaii at Hilo Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy celebrated the recent March Match Day with 13 of its students from the class of 2021 and one student from the class of 2020 receiving good news.
Students who received offers for a post-graduate year-one residency include:
• Nichole Chaffin, Providence St. Peter Hospital, Olympia, Wash.
• Brooke Higa, VA Sierra Nevada Healthcare System, Reno, Nev.
• Raha Hosseini, Western Arizona Regional Medical Center, Bullhead City, Ariz.
• Feng Ming Huang, Western Arizona Regional Medical Center, Bullhead City, Ariz.
• Noelle Lovesy, Sharp Memorial Hospital, San Diego.
• Christian Macaspac, VA Maryland Health Care, Baltimore.
• Shahrzad Mohammadi, VA Sierra Nevada Healthcare System, Reno.
• Kimo Okamoto, University of Hawaii at Hilo.
• Henry Quach, San Francisco VA Health Care System.
• Tiana E. Ramos, CHI St. Alexius Health Mandan Pharmacy, Mandan, N.D.
• Donald Waddell, Swedish Medical Center, Seattle.
Taylor Hori, class of 2020, will be in a year-two residency at Kansas City VA Medical Center, Kansas City, Mo. Currently, she is completing a PGY1 residency at the VA Southern Nevada Health Care System, North Las Vegas, Nev.
Karmen Wong, class of 2021, was accepted into the world-renowned Rutgers Pharmaceutical Industry Fellowship Program, which partners with leading pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies. One of 159 PharmD Fellows selected from 950 applications, she will take part in training to develop leadership in various areas of drug development, including clinical trial planning and execution, pharmacovigilance and safety, medical strategy and regulatory affairs.
Qixin (Sandy) Li, class of 2021, was accepted into the Bayer and University of Washington Health Economics and Outcomes Research Fellow Program. This two-year program provides training and hands-on experience in a broad range of topics, and is structured to allow the fellow to gain proficiency in these areas of research as conducted in the academic and pharmaceutical industry settings.