Hawaii County is seeking applicants to fill vacancies on various boards and commissions. Members of most of these panels serve for staggered terms of five years, on a voluntary basis.
The following vacancies need to be filled:
• Banyan Drive Hawaii Redevelopment Agency (one position)
• Board of Appeals (one position)
• Cultural Resources Commission (one position; architect
• Environmental Management Commission (Council districts 3 and 6)
• Fire Board of Appeals (five positions from any Council district; applicants shall have education/experience in the following areas: engineering or architectural design, building code enforcement, fire department operations or fire code enforcement, fire protection contraction, general contracting or legal)
• Fire Commission (Council districts 5, 6, 8 and 9)
• Game Management Advisory Commission (Council districts 3, 7 and 9)
• Kailua Village Design Commission (six positions)
• Ka‘u CDP Action Committee (nine positions)
• Kona CDP Action Committee (four positions)
• Liquor Commission (Council District 1)
• Liquor Adjudication Board (one position)
• Merit Appeals Board (one position)
• North Kohala Community Development Action Committee (five positions)
• Pension Board (two positions)
• Public Access, Open Space, and Natural Resources Preservation Commission (Council District 5)
• Puna Community Development Action Committee (six positions)
• Redistricting Committee (all nine Council districts)
• Salary Commission (Council districts 1, 5 and 8)
• South Kohala CDP Action Committee (two positions)
• Tax Board of Review (two positions)
• Transportation Commission (Council districts 2 and 5)
• Veterans Advisory Committee (four positions; membership in the following organizations: Big Island National Guard Retiree Association, Military Order of the Purple Heart, Camp Tawara Detachment No. 1255 of the Marine Corps League, Navy League of the USA, Combat Infantrymen Association and Korean Veterans)
• Windward Planning Commission (two positions; at large, North Hilo or Ka‘u and South Hilo)
For all boards and commissions, travel expenses to and from meetings are reimbursed.
The Mayor’s Office will fill the vacancies on boards and commissions from a list of applicants. Application forms are available online at www.hawaiicounty.gov/office-of-the-mayor.
For more information, contact Rose Bautista, executive assistant to the mayor, at 961-8211 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.