Hawai‘i REALTORS donates $50,000 to food banks throughout state

ANDERSEN
Subscribe Now Choose a package that suits your preferences.
Start Free Account Get access to 7 premium stories every month for FREE!
Already a Subscriber? Current print subscriber? Activate your complimentary Digital account.

Hawai‘i REALTORS, a leading statewide professional trade organization for the real estate industry, launched the Hawai‘i REALTORS Charitable Foundation to provide support for the state’s communities.

The foundation’s first major initiative was donating $50,000 to food banks throughout Hawaii, including $12,500 to the Hawaii Foodbank, $12,500 to the Maui Food Bank, $12,500 to The Food Basket – Hawaii Island’s Food Bank, $6,250 to Hawaii Foodbank Kauai Branch and $6,250 to the Kauai Independent Food Bank.

“The COVID-19 pandemic has put additional strain on our community resources, including our most basic need for food,” said Moana Andersen, president of the Hawai‘i REALTORS Charitable Foundation. “Hawai‘i REALTORS are in the business of people, so it pains us to think of anyone going hungry during this time. We are proud that our foundation’s first contribution to our communities will support local food banks in the critical mission of feeding Hawaii.”

The Hawai‘i REALTORS Charitable Foundation is a nonprofit organization that serves communities throughout Hawaii by supporting charitable and nonprofit organizations and their efforts to support those in need.