Su Lin Kennels LLC is finalist in BBB Torch Awards

Subscribe Now Choose a package that suits your preferences.
Start Free Account Get access to 7 premium stories every month for FREE!
Already a Subscriber? Current print subscriber? Activate your complimentary Digital account.

Su Lin Kennels LLC recently was honored as one of 15 finalists in Hawaii for its commitment to ethics, integrity and building trust among its staff, customers and throughout their community by the Better Business Bureau 2018 Torch Awards.

Su Lin Kennels has been in business in Hilo since 1997. It offers professional dog grooming and pet sitting services to pet owners in and around Hilo. Amy Wong is the owner and a member of the National Dog Groomers Association, the Orchid Island Dog Fanciers Club, the National Federation of Independent Businesses, the Japanese Chamber of Commerce and Industry and an A+ member of the Hawaii Better Business Bureau.

Wong also has been named Best Groomer in the Best of East Hawaii Readers Choice Awards and was the recipient of the Entrepreneur of the Year award representing the pet care and grooming industry in Who’s Who of America.

“I love what I do, and it is simple to give my best because my clients are the best! I love them all,” Wong says.

She loves Hilo town and thinks it is “the right thing to do” to give back to the community, offering donations to many nonprofit organizations, including Hawaii Care Choices, The Food Basket, Special Olympics of Hawaii, Aloha Ilio Rescue, Rainbow Friends, Hawaii Island Humane Society and others.

Su Lin Kennels is located at 1342 A Kilauea Ave. For more information about the services Wong and her business offer, call 934-0881.