Tavana, Brother Noland to perform in Waimea

Tavana will perform March 30 in Waimea.
Subscribe Now Choose a package that suits your preferences.
Start Free Account Get access to 7 premium stories every month for FREE!
Already a Subscriber? Current print subscriber? Activate your complimentary Digital account.

Tavana — a multi-instrumental one-man band that showcases his diverse, island-inspired blues — will perform March 30 in Waimea.

Joining singer-songwriter Tavana on stage will be special guest Brother Noland. The concert starts at 7 p.m. at the Kahilu Theatre.

Tavana, who is from Honolulu, uses his feet to lay down a variety of grooves while simultaneously playing guitar, banjo, lap steel or ukulele, and singing soulful, island-inspired rock and blues.

“I perform everything live and use no looping,” he said in a press release. “Everything is played moment to moment. … It’s hard to explain how fun it is to do this. It’s like having a whole band in your body and mind. And they can stop and go together on a dime. They can slow down, speed up or whatever in perfect unity.

“Every sound comes with its own identity, colors and emotions, creating a much larger palette from which to express myself. Additionally, it gives my mind very little time to stray away from the music, resulting in a truly meditative state.”

This show is sponsored by Mimi and Brian Kerley and Robin and Kenneth Key.

There are two ways you can watch.

— In-person: Tickets ranging in price from $40 to $70 can be purchased at KahiluTheatre.org.

— On-demand: Available Friday, April 5, on-demand online. On-demand tickets for this show, which are good for an entire household, are $19.99 and available at Kahilu.TV.

Monthly and annual subscriptions also are available for Kahilu.TV.

Can’t watch it live? Catch it on-demand the next day, the next week or the next month.