Folsom returns to Volcano for Saturday concert

FOLSOM
Subscribe Now Choose a package that suits your preferences.
Start Free Account Get access to 7 premium stories every month for FREE!
Already a Subscriber? Current print subscriber? Activate your complimentary Digital account.

Rebecca Folsom is returning to Volcano Art Center’s Ni‘aulani Campus for another intimate acoustic concert at 5:30 p.m. this Saturday.

Concert tickets for “An Evening with Rebecca Folsom” are $25 for VAC members, $30 for the general public.

Her music has been described as the soulfulness of Etta James, the abandon of Janis Joplin, and a touch of folk songstress Joni Mitchell, according to a press release.

An award-winning artist, she has performed on BBC radio and television, at Nashville’s Bluebird, New York’s Bitterend and Red Rock’s Amphitheatre in Colorado.

“She takes you from subtle ballads to knock-you-to-your-knees blues.” — KUNC Radio

Add to this is a voice with a near four-octave range. Corridor Magazine wrote, “While her range is impressive, it’s the expression in her voice that rivets your attention and stays with you long after the show ends. Folsom’s voice pours from an inner source of honest emotion, flowing from lilting tenderness to fully liberated, unbridled release.”

Her music career has spanned over 20 years.

The Boulder, Colorado, native “writes inspiring tales of human heartbreak, redemption and freedom,” according to the press release.

Folsom said performing on stage is where she feels most comfortable. “There is no place on Earth that I want to be more. I’m happiest there, time flies there. It’s timeless, effortless and it brings me so much joy. My hope is always that it will bring other people joy, upliftment and awakening,” she said in the press release.

She will also be offering the “The Art of Vocal Freedom” workshop from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Sunday, March 12. The workshop will merge art (either collage, drawing, or painting), singing, and writing prose. Attendees will be able to work/play with all three artistic mediums at the same time. Cost for the workshop is $60, plus a $10 supply fee.

To purchase tickets to either event, visit https://volcanoartcenter.org/ or call (808)967-8222.