Alomar selected for Kamehameha Schools post

ALOMAR
Subscribe Now Choose a package that suits your preferences.
Start Free Account Get access to 7 premium stories every month for FREE!
Already a Subscriber? Current print subscriber? Activate your complimentary Digital account.

Kamehameha Schools has named Hilarie Alomar as director of Planning and Development.

Alomar will utilize her sense of Hawaiian culture and her expertise in land use, entitlements, infrastructure and community outreach to guide planning for the Kamehameha Schools Hawaii real estate portfolio.

“As a beneficiary of Ke Ali‘i Pauahi, it is an honor to serve,” Alomar said in a press release. “My upbringing in Hilo instilled a commitment to aloha ‘aina, and I’m thankful to have this foundation in support of Kamehameha Schools’ land legacy and mission.”

Alomar holds a bachelor’s degree in political science and a master’s degree in urban and regional planning from the University of Hawaii at Manoa. She is a member of the American Planning Association’s Hawaii Chapter, Lambda Alpha International, and the Urban Land Institute.

“Hilarie brings extensive experience in nurturing resilient communities that allow our keiki to thrive,” Serge Krivatsy, senior director of Planning and Development for Kamehameha Schools’ Commercial Real Estate, said in the press release. “Her blend of urban planning and advocacy for ‘aina and the Hawaiian culture ensures that our projects are community-focused and culturally grounded.”