Ex-MTV star Pauly Shore brings comedy act to Hilo

Pauly Shore Instagram Pauly Shore will be performing on Jan. 6 at The Palace Theater in Hilo.
Subscribe Now Choose a package that suits your preferences.
Start Free Account Get access to 7 premium stories every month for FREE!
Already a Subscriber? Current print subscriber? Activate your complimentary Digital account.

The Palace Theater in Hilo will host a “A Night of Comedy with Pauly Shore” at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 6.

Joining the former MTV star will be special guest Justine Smith.

Doors open at 7 p.m. Tickets range from $45 to $50-plus and are available at www.eventbrite.com.

Shore tasted super-stardom in 1990 when his MTV show “Totally Pauly” hit the airwaves to major fan approval. The show ran for six years, leading him to a one-hour HBO comedy special, “Pauly Does Dallas,” and starring roles in films like “Jury Duty,” “In the Army Now,” “Bio-Dome,” “Encino Man,” “Son In Law” and “A Goofy Movie.”

Shore went on to produce and star in several of his own projects, including “Pauly Shore is Dead,” as well as the comedy specials “Vegas is My Oyster,” on Showtime starring Andy Dick, Tom Green, Bobby Lee, and “Pauly-Tics” on Showtime starring Herman Cain and Larry King.

In 2014, he released “Pauly Shore Stands Alone,” a true-life road documentary that follows Shore as he performs in obscure towns throughout Wisconsin while dealing with his personal life. It appeared on Showtime and is available on Amazon Prime and YouTube.

Other recent projects include Adam Sandler’s “Sandy Wexler,” the short film “Sin City Psycho” and Dreamworks’ animated “The Big Trip.”

In 2020, Shore starred in the movie “Guest House”, which is currently streaming on Netflix (digital and on-demand). Shore also starred in Lionsgates’ animated film “The Little Penguin: Pororo’s Dinosaur Island Adventure.”

Shore released a series of video interviews in 2017 called the “Pauly Shore Podcast Show.” His guests included Judd Apatow, Iliza Shlesinger, Bob Saget and more.

Currently, He has a bi-weekly video podcast called “Pauly Shore’s Random Rants.”

Apart from actively touring the country with his stand-up comedy, Shore is working on a documentary about his life, along with a memoir called “How’d You Expect Me to Turn Out,” and a one-man show entitled “Stick with the Dancing: Funny Stories From my Childhood.”