Two officers promoted to assistant chief

BURIAN and QUIOCHO
Subscribe Now Choose a package that suits your preferences.
Start Free Account Get access to 7 premium stories every month for FREE!
Already a Subscriber? Current print subscriber? Activate your complimentary Digital account.

Police Chief Paul Ferreira has announced two promotions to the rank of assistant chief.

Andrew Burian, a 31-year veteran of the department, now commands the department’s Administrative Services Bureau.

Burian’s former assignments were as a police officer in South Hilo, patrol sergeant in Kona, detective, lieutenant in Kona, South Hilo and Community Policing, captain in Ka‘u and Hamakua, Technical Services Division major, and acting assistant chief in the Administrative Services Bureau.

Kenneth Quiocho, a 29-year veteran of the department, now commands the Area I Field/Investigative Operations Bureau encompassing the department’s East Hawaii districts.

Quiocho’s former assignments were as a police officer in Hamakua and South Kohala, traffic enforcement officer, field training officer, canine handler, detective, patrol sergeant, lieutenant in Communications-Dispatch and the Accreditation Section, captain in Ka‘u, Puna and South Hilo, major of Area I Field/Investigative Operations, and acting assistant chief of the Area I Field/Investigative Operations.