Are you an artist who wants to work on a specific project but just doesn’t have the space to do so?
Wailoa Center might be able to help.
“Artists in Action” is an opportunity for local artists who need a larger space to complete a project. Whether it be for one day, one week or a month — it’s your studio.
Since the center’s calendar is open for the month of January, it is making individual and collaborative studio work spaces available in the Main Gallery. This is a free opportunity supported by Wailoa Center and Hawaii Island Art Alliance.
Most art mediums are welcome as long as they don’t damage the center’s walls and floors.
During this month, the public is invited to watch artists’ projects develop. Artwork and your process must be appropriate for public viewing. Artists also can use their space to display their art.
The requirements are:
• Artists will be working on a specific art project.
• Artists will provide all their own materials to complete their project.
• Artists will set up their own display (if they want).
• Artists will need to be on site, working on their art during the center’s open hours.
• Artists will promote themselves on their own through social media, press releases, etc.
• Artists will be responsible for maintaining and keeping their space clean.
Wailoa Center hours are 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday through Friday. The center is closed on Saturday, Sunday and state holidays.
Artists interested in exploring the Artists in Action opportunity should send a request for more information to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Artists in Action.”