State announces Big Island roadwork
The state Department of Transportation announces the following roadwork for this week, weather permitting:
• On Hawaii Belt Road (Route 19), alternating lane closures on Umauma Bridge in the vicinity of Hakalau (milepost 16) in both directions 24 hours a day, seven days a week for steel bridge repairs. Speed limit on Umauma Bridge is 25 mph and gross vehicle weight limit is 25 tons. For all trucks heavier than 25 tons, use detour on Kauniho Road, Old Mamalahoa Highway and Leopolino Road.
• On Hawaii Belt Road (Route 19), alternating single-lane closures in both directions between milepost markers 27.9 and 29 in the vicinity of Kaawalii Gulch, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.-3 p.m. daily, for roadway improvements.
• On Volcano Road (Route 11), alternating single-lane closures in both directions between milepost markers 8.6 and 13.4, between Keaau and Mountain View, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. daily, for pavement reconstruction.
Lane closure schedules may change at any time without further notice.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.