Former Vulcans golfer qualfies for U.S. Open
Nick Mason’s impressive Hawaii golfing resumé lists two victories at the Mid-Pacific Open, as well as four wins at the Hilo Invitational.
On Monday, the University of Hawaii at Hilo alumnus took his game national.
Mason carded a 3-under 141 in a 36-hole sectional in Rockville, Md., to earn a spot in the U.S. Open.
The national championship will be held June 12-15 in Pinehurst, N.C.
Mason fired rounds of 70 and 71 to finish in a three-way tie for second as four players at Woodmont Country Club earned Open berths.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.