HONOLULU (AP) — Vander Joaquim scored 20 points and Hawaii cruised to the title of the Outrigger Hotels and Resorts Rainbow Classic with a 73-60 victory over Houston Baptist on Monday night.
Brandon Spearman added 15 points and Christian Standhardinger had 14 points and 11 rebounds for the Rainbow Warriors (3-0).
Hawaii led 38-23 at the half and outrebounded Houston Baptist 41-34.
Art Bernardi had 22 points and eight rebounds for the Huskies (2-1) and Tyler Russell added 16 points.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.