Roadwork scheduled for week
The state Highways Division has announced the following roadwork for Tuesday, Feb. 19 to Friday, Feb. 22:
• On Volcano Highway (Route 11) in vicinity of Keaau, there will be contra-flow as Volcano-bound lanes will be converted to two-way traffic and Hilo-bound lanes will be reduced to a single lane for vehicles, buses, trucks with 15,000 GVWR or more and trucks with trailers. Contra-flow patterns will be in effect from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. daily, for roadway reconstruction.
• On Hawaii Belt Road (Route 19) in vicinity of Kalopa, alternating lane closures in both directions between Kahawai Road and Hauola Road from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily, to install guardrails.
• On Mamalahoa Highway (Route 11) in the vicinity of Naalehu, alternating lane closures in both directions between South Point Road and Punaluu Road from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., for water line tie-ins and sidewalk work.
• On Mamalahoa Highway (Route 11) in vicinity of Captain Cook, alternating lane closures oin both directions between Kiloa Road and Rabbit Hill Road from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., for bank stabilization.
• On Mamalahoa Highway (Route 11) between Ka‘apuna and Ka‘ohe, alternating lane closures in both directions between Waiea Road and Yee Hop Ranch Road from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., for roadway reconstruction.
• On Mamalahoa Highway (Route 11) in the vicinity of Kainaliu, alternating lane closures in both directions between Ha‘awina Street and St. Paul Road from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. daily, for bank stabilization.
Lane closure schedules may change at any time without further notice. All roadwork is weather permitting.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.