PISCES makes hire for 3-D project
The Pacific International Space Center for Exploration Systems has hired a part-time staff person to lead its 3-D printing project.
Elliot Sanders, as senior technologist, will be responsible for leading the engineering and research for the project, which seeks to use basalt powder for construction material.
Sanders has an affiliate faculty position at the University of Hawaii at Hilo’s College of Agriculture, Forestry and Natural Resources Management.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Stephens Media LLC or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Stephens Media LLC is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.