National park slates flight plans
Hawaii Volcanoes National Park recently announced the following upcoming flight plans:
• Between 8 a.m.-noon Monday and June 13, 23 and 27 to transport fencing material from Mauna Loa Road to upper Mauna Loa.
• Between 8 a.m.-noon June 17 for petrel monitoring from the summit of Kilauea to Mauna Loa.
• Between 11 a.m.-4 p.m. June 23 for fountain grass control from Keauhou to Pepeiao and the Great Crack in the Southwest Rift Zone.
The park regrets any noise impact to residents and park visitors. Dates and times are subject to change based on aircraft availability and weather.
Management of the park requires the use of aircraft to monitor and research volcanic activity, conduct search and rescue missions and law enforcement operations, support management of natural and cultural resources, and maintain backcountry facilities.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.