Another Hale Nani inmate escapes
A second Hale Nani inmate has escaped in a two-day period.
Kalaikona Fukuhara ran away from the reintegration center in Hilo at about 8:30 p.m. Friday, according to the state Department of Public Safety.
Fukuhara, 27, was serving time for first-degree burglary.
He is five feet, 11 inches tall, weighs 160 pounds, and has brown hair and brown eyes.
Anyone who sees him is asked to call police.
Another inmate, Sean Duyser, was caught Thursday several hours after escaping from the facility.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.