Give the gift of life: Blood Bank of Hawaii schedules blood drives
What’s your New Year’s resolution? Consider saving lives as one of them.
It’s easy, too, by just giving one hour every couple of months to donate blood.
The Blood Bank of Hawaii has scheduled the following drives for January 2017 in East Hawaii. Note that drives are subject to change:
• 11:15 a.m.-5:15 p.m. Jan. 9, LDS Kona Stake Center, Cultural Hall.
• 10:15 a.m.- 4:15 p.m. Jan. 10 LDS Waimea Ward, Cultural Hall.
• 6:45 a.m.- 1:15 p.m. Jan. 11, LDS Kona Stake Center, Cultural Hall.
• 8:45 a.m.- 3:30 p.m. Jan. 23, Kamehameha Schools Hawaii, WCL Integrated Facility, Multipurpose Room.
• 7:30 a.m.- 2:45 p.m. Jan. 24, Aunty Sally Kaleohano’s Luau Hale, Main Room
• 8:45 a.m.- 4 p.m. Jan. 25, Aunty Sally Kaleohano’s Luau Hale, Main Room.
• 7 a.m.- 2:45 p.m. Jan. 26, Hilo High School Gym.
• 8:15 a.m.- 2:30 p.m. Jan. 27, Waiakea High School Library.
The requirements to be a blood donor are simple:
• Be in good health.
• Be 18 years of age or older (17 with signed Blood Bank of Hawaii parent/legal guardian consent form).
• Weigh 110 pounds or more.
• Bring photo ID with date of birth.
To make an appointment or for more information, call Blood Bank of Hawaii at 848-4770 or visit BBH.org.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.