Hawaii County is seeking applicants to fill vacancies in various boards and commissions.
Members of most of the boards and commissions serve for staggered terms of five years on a voluntary basis.
The following vacancies need to be filled:
• Board of Appeals (one position)
• Charter Commission (11 positions, from any district)
• Environmental Management Commission (Council Districts 2, 3 and 7)
• Ethics (one position)
• Fire Board of Appeals: (five positions from any council district), applicants shall have education/experience in one of the following areas:
Engineering or architectural design, building code enforcement, fire department operations or fire code enforcement, fire protection contraction, general contracting or legal.
• Fire Commission (Council District 3)
• Game Management Advisory Commission (Council Districts 2 and 9)
• Ka‘u CDP Action Committee (nine positions)
• Kona CDP Action Committee (four positions)
• Leeward Planning (North Kohala, South Kohala-at large)
• Merit Appeals Board (one position)
• Police Commission (Council Districts 3 and 6)
• Salary Commission (Council District 9)
• South Kohala CDP Action Committee (five positions)
• Transportation Commission (Council Districts 9 and 4)
For all boards and commissions, travel expenses to and from meetings are reimbursed.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens, residents of the state and cannot hold any other public office.
The Mayor’s Office will fill the vacancies from a list of applicants. Application forms are available online at www.hawaiicounty.gov/office-of-the-mayor.
For more information, contact Rose Bautista, executive assistant to the mayor, at 961-8211 or firstname.lastname@example.org.