Ebb &Flow Arts, a multimedia show featuring film, art, piano, poetry and dance, will be presented at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 17 at the East Hawaii Cultural Center.
• Lee Michael Walczuk of Mountain View and his son, Dominik Walczuk, will screen their original films.
• Tomas Belsky of Hilo will read some of his poetry.
• Robert Pollock of Maui will perform original piano works, as well as pieces by Edward T. Cone and Shinhee Park.
Park’s work, “Abstract Paintings No. 1,” will include projections of abstract images by Belsky and Martha Woodbury of Maui.
• There will be a screening of a film edited by Emmy award-winning filmmaker Tom Vendetti of Maui that explores enlarged flower photography by Gary Greenberg, also of Maui. The screenplay is by Rick Chatenever, music by Keola Beamer and narration by actor Stacy Keach.
• Peter Swanzy from Maui created a film and soundtrack, “Awakenings,” which will have its first screening on the Big Island.
“We are thrilled to return to Hilo and work with our longtime collaborator, the remarkably talented Lee Michael Walczuk,” says Pollock, Ebb &Flow Arts director.
“EHCC is a lovely venue for this event,” Pollock said.
The East Hawaii Cultural Center is located at 141 Kalakaua St. in Hilo. Admission to the event is free, but donations will be accepted.