Ken Jackson and Rick Decker will talk about infrared photography at 6 p.m. Feb. 8 during the next meeting of the Hawaii Photo Shooters at the Komohana Agriculture Research and Extension Center, Room D-202.
Topics to be covered include:
• Spectrum of light and color
• Definition of IR photography (black and white, and color)
• Preparing your camera for IR photography (modifying your camera or not)
• Introduction to IR filters (strength and manufacturers)
• Color versus black and white IR
• Subject selection
• Lens selection
• Processing for black and white IR
• Processing for color IR
“You’ll learn everything that you wanted to know about IR photography and more,” said club member Susan C. Miyasaka.
Talk is free and open to the public. The research and extension center is located at 875 Komohana St. For more information, visit www.hawaiiphotoshooters.com.